As the whole world is looking forward to generating environmentally friendly energy, hydroelectricity is one of the greatest opportunities for the future. Learn how hydroelectric power works from this Basics of Hydroelectric Power Plant course and take the first step towards green energy generation.
This Basics of Hydroelectric Power Plant course will teach you the fundamentals of hydroelectricity and how to manage a hydropower plant. You will learn about the different components of a hydropower plant and their work. This course will also teach you about the benefits of the hydropower plants, the terminologies and working principles.
This Basics of Hydroelectric Power Plant course will help you enhance your knowledge and skills about hydropower plants, functions and maintenance. The easily understandable lessons will assist you to learn about hydropower plants quickly. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to understand the function of environment friendly energy generation and their applicability.
- Learn about the roles of hydroelectricity in today’s power engineering market
- Understand the benefits of hydroelectricity
- Familiarize with hydro power plant terminologies
- Learn how hydro turbines work
- Know about different hydropower plant components
- Understand the differences between several hydro turbines and their applications
Who is this course for?
This comprehensive Basics of Hydroelectric Power Plant is ideal for those who want to understand the functions of hydroelectric powerplants. You will get a clear idea about powerplant management from this course.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- After you have successfully completed the course, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry-leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Basics of Hydroelectric Power Plant is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any related profession or industry such as:
- Electrical Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Power Engineers
- Power Plant Supervisors
- Environmental Engineers
- Environmental Analysts
|Welcome to the Course|
|Short History Lesson||00:02:00|
|Potential to Electrical Energy||00:01:00|
|The Hydro Power Engineering Industry||00:08:00|
|Hydroelectric Power Plant Terminology|
|Hydroelectric Power Plant Terminology||00:01:00|
|Impoundment and Diversion||00:03:00|
|Headwater, Tailwater, Head and Pondage||00:04:00|
|Upper and Lower Reservoirs||00:01:00|
|Common Hydroelectric Power Plant Components|
|Hydroelectric Power Plant Components||00:01:00|
|Prior, Preparation and Planning…||00:06:00|
|Gates – Intake, Draft Tube, Spillway||00:05:00|
|Penstock – Pressurised Water Conductor||00:03:00|
|Generator and Power Distribution||00:06:00|
|Reaction and Impulse Turbines||00:03:00|
|Axial, Mixed and Radial Flow Turbines||00:02:00|
|Variable Pitch Blades||00:04:00|
|Pelton Turbines Part 1||00:03:00|
|Pelton Turbines Part 2||00:07:00|
|Types of Hydroelectric Power Plant|
|Types of Hydroelectric Power Plant||00:01:00|
|How Hydroelectric Dam Power Plants Work||00:07:00|
|How Run of the River Power Plants Work||00:05:00|
|How Tidal Barrage Power Plants Work||00:07:00|
|How Tidal Stream Power Plants Work||00:09:00|
|How Pumped Storage Power Plants Work||00:13:00|
No Reviews found for this course.