Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that tries to improve your mental health by modifying dysfunctional emotions, behaviour and thoughts. It is an evidence-based practice that helps you to change your perceptions and behave for treating certain problems in your behaviour. The course illustrates the concepts of CBT approach with a special focus on “eating disorders”.
Throughout the course, you will learn to treat “eating disorders” by applying CBT approach. You will learn to deal with the patients suffering from Anorexia, Bulimia, and Binge Eating Disorder. CBT method helps you to focuses on solutions and encourages your patients to challenge distorted cognitions and change destructive patterns of behaviour.
After finishing the course, you will be able to work as a CBT therapist and help people having “ eating disorders”.
Who is the course for?
- Students interested in psychology and/or counselling
- Individuals interested in career (work) related to ‘eating disorders’
- Individuals who want to use knowledge of CBT and ‘eating disorders’ in their work
- Individuals who want to work as professional ‘counsellors’ or ‘therapists’
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
After completing and passing the course successfully, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
After completing this course you will be able to build up accurate knowledge and skills with proper confidence to enrich yourself and brighten up your career in the relevant job market.
|CBT Eating Disorders Promo||FREE||00:02:00|
|About the Tutor||00:01:00|
|About the Course||00:02:00|
|CBT & Therapeutic principles|
|What is CBT (the CBT model)||00:07:00|
|The therapeutic alliance, Trust and Empathy||00:07:00|
|Ethics of the therapy||00:05:00|
|The Psychology & Causations of Eating Disorders|
|Eating disorders: Categorisations||00:07:00|
|Core Psychopathology of Eating Disorders||00:07:00|
|Co-morbid psychiatric illness||00:07:00|
|Social and Family factors||00:08:00|
|The Assessment & Planning|
|First session – Assessment||00:08:00|
|Dietary and Nutritional issues||00:06:00|
|Setting Goals with the client||00:07:00|
|CBT in Practice|
|Working with Anxiety||00:05:00|
|The Socratic approach (Socratic questioning)||00:06:00|
|The ‘Exposure’ technique||00:07:00|
|Working with Beliefs (shape, weight, food)||00:07:00|
|Reviewing & Wrapping up|
|Designing and Reviewing Action plans||00:06:00|
|Concluding therapy successfully||00:04:00|
|Follow up and Relapse Prevention||00:05:00|
|Thank you and Good Bye!||00:03:00|
|Mock Exam – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Eating Disorders||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Eating Disorders||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.