The Computer Operating System (OS) is a system that supports the functions of a computer. It is considered as the brain of a computer since it organizes the files and lets the hardware know what it should do. If you are a computer professional or aspiring to become one, you need to learn about the operating system to ensure that computers are functioning well. If you want to improve your knowledge and skills on computer operating system or you just want to start your computer career, then this course will be able to help you with that. You will not only learn the basics of computer OS, but you will also learn about the different operating systems in this course.
Who is the course for?
- Beginner to advanced level users who wants to learn about operating system.
- People who have an interest in learning about computer and computer maintenance.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Computer Operating System course would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Computer Maintenance Staff
- IT Department Staff
- Computer Engineer
- Computer Specialist
- Computer Technician.
|Module 1: Computer Fundamentals|
|Types of Computers||00:15:00|
|Anatomy of a PC||00:30:00|
|How a PC Works||00:15:00|
|CPU and Memory||00:30:00|
|Secondary Storage Devices||00:30:00|
|Operating Systems and Applications||00:30:00|
|How is Software Built||00:15:00|
|Types of Software||00:15:00|
|Module 2: Introduction to Computer Operating System|
|What is an Operating System?||00:30:00|
|History of Operating System||00:30:00|
|What an Operating System Does||01:00:00|
|Other Operating Systems999||01:00:00|
|Installing an Operating System||00:30:00|
|Defining The Processes||01:00:00|
|Module 3: MAC Operating System|
|Introduction to Mac||01:00:00|
|Features of Mac Desktops||01:00:00|
|Networking System of Mac||01:00:00|
|Types of Mac||01:00:00|
|Mac your way to cyberspace||00:30:00|
|Benefits of Using Mac||01:00:00|
|How to print & fax using Mac||01:00:00|
|Managing music with iTunes||01:00:00|
|Having fun with photos||01:00:00|
|Mock Exam- Computer Operating System Course||00:30:00|
|Final Exam- Computer Operating System Course||00:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.