Currently there are more than 700,000 in the UK suffering from dementia and the numbers are expected to rise to a million by 2025. Another statistic suggests that one in three people over the age of 65 die because of dementia. If you have a loved one suffering from the condition or would like to help others in need, then you should consider getting this Dementia Awareness Training Course.
This course is designed to help you realize the affects of dementia, by initially answer the question what is dementia, introducing policies and the importance of awareness. Next the course addresses awareness and misunderstanding by addressing Alzheimer’s disease, risk factors and diverse communities. The course helps you see the signs of dementia and identify prevention and treatment methods through different therapies. You will further learn about the impact of stigma on the matter, how to care for dementia victims, and ways you can adapt your home for people with dementia.
This is a very basic course filled with statistics and structured in order to help you care for the people suffering from the condition and make a difference.
Who is the course for?
- People who are interested in learning more about dementia to help a loved one
- Professionals who want to go into elderly care and would like to know more about elderly care
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Dementia Awareness Training Course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any professions or career from any industry you are in such as:
- Elderly Care Taker
- Elderly Aides and Attendants
- Social Worker
|Dementia Awareness Training Course|
|Awareness and Misunderstanding||00:30:00|
|Symptoms of Dementia||01:00:00|
|Prevention and Treatment||01:00:00|
|The Impact Of Stigma||01:00:00|
|Caring for Dementia Victims||02:00:00|
|Home Adaptations for People with Dementia||01:00:00|
|Mock Exam- Dementia Awareness Training Course||00:20:00|
|Final Exam- Dementia Awareness Training Course||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.