Learn counselling and psychological approaches in the Depression Counselling Diploma Level 3 course and treat people with depression.
The course starts by explaining depression, its cause, the history of depression, depression and the brains and neurons, the environmental factors that affect depression, etc. Next, you will learn different types of depressions such as Dysthymia, Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder, Atypical Depression, Bipolar or Manic Depression, Antenatal and Postpartum Depression, Dysthymia in Children and Adolescents, and more. Then the course introduces you to various forms of medication and complementary alternative therapies.
Lastly, the course teaches you the various counselling approaches to depression including Gestalt Therapy, Person-Centred Therapy, Family or Couples Therapy, Psychodynamic/Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy, Clinical Hypnotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Who is the course for?
- Beginners in counselling and psychology
- Those who want to work with and help to people with depression
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
After completing and passing the course successfully, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
After completing this course you will be able to build up accurate knowledge and skills with proper confidence to enrich yourself and brighten up your career in the relevant job market.
|Depression Counselling Promo||FREE||00:02:00|
|About the Course||FREE||00:03:00|
|About the Tutor||00:02:00|
|What Causes Depression|
|Melancholy and the History of Counselling||00:07:00|
|Signs of Depression||00:07:00|
|Depression and the Brain||00:06:00|
|Depression and Neurons||00:09:00|
|Stress and depression||00:10:00|
|Environmental and Health Factors||00:04:00|
|Depression and Sleep Disorders||00:06:00|
|Module 1: Assessment Questions||00:05:00|
|Different Types of Depression|
|Classifying Depression & Different Classification Methods||00:07:00|
|Depression and Creative Minds||00:07:00|
|Dysthymia, Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder, and Atypical Depression||00:07:00|
|Bipolar / Manic Depression||00:06:00|
|Antenatal & Postpartum Depression||00:09:00|
|Bereavement and Grief||00:09:00|
|Dysthymia in Children and Adolescents||00:04:00|
|Depression and the Elderly||00:07:00|
|Psychosocial & Health Factors in the Elderly||00:03:00|
|Module 2: Assessment Questions||00:04:00|
|Different Types of Medicine|
|Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors||00:04:00|
|Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors||00:03:00|
|Medication Statistics and Doctors in the UK & USA||00:10:00|
|Module 3: Assessment Questions||00:03:00|
|Complementary Alternative Therapies|
|Lifestyle management, Diet, Exercise, Meditation||00:07:00|
|St John’s Wort (hypericum perforatum)||00:05:00|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids||00:04:00|
|Tai chi, Qigong||00:04:00|
|Art Therapy & Music Therapy||00:08:00|
|Module 4 Assessment Questions||00:04:00|
|Counselling Approaches to Depression|
|Person Centred Therapy||00:07:00|
|Family or Couples Therapy||00:09:00|
|Stepped Care Model (approach)||00:10:00|
|Psychodynamic/Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy||00:06:00|
|Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy||00:06:00|
|Clinical Hypnotherapy & Cognitive Behavioural Therapy||00:05:00|
|Clinical Hypnotherapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder||00:05:00|
|The Therapeutic Relationship||00:07:00|
|Knowledge and Qualities Necessary to a Counsellor||00:03:00|
|Module 5 assessment questions||00:03:00|
|Thank You and Good Bye!||00:03:00|
|Additional Study Materials|
|Additional Study Materials: Depression Counselling Diploma Level 3||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.