Master the techniques of counselling the addicted people in the Diploma in Addiction Therapy and Psychology course.
Addiction is one of the barriers to human development and progress. It is responsible for ruining human society and human behaviour. An addicted people need counselling, family support for recovering his condition. If you want to work for the addicted people, the course is designed for you. Throughout the course, you will learn how to deal with Alcoholic parents and their children. The course will introduce you to the treatments of drug addiction. You will learn how to become a ‘substance misuse worker’. The concepts of co-dependency and relapse will also be discussed in the course.
So, start your journey as a counsellor for treating addicted people.
Who is the course for?
- A beginner with an interest in ‘Addiction therapies’ or ‘Addiction psychology’
- No previous academic experience is required, only genuine desire to learn!
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
After completing and passing the course successfully, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
After completing this course you will be able to build up accurate knowledge and skills with proper confidence to enrich yourself and brighten up your career in the relevant job market.
|Introduction: About instructor & the course||00:02:00|
|Theories of Addiction|
|The Moral Model||00:06:00|
|The Psychological Model||00:07:00|
|The Medical / Disease Model||00:09:00|
|The Socio-Cultural Model||00:05:00|
|The Minnesota Model||00:04:00|
|Counselling and Therapy||00:07:00|
|Harm Reduction Model||00:05:00|
|Treatments in Practice||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Society|
|Drug policies, Legislation and Decriminalisation||00:09:00|
|Community change, Outreach, Harm Reduction or Abstinence||00:06:00|
|Alcohol and Drug education||00:06:00|
|Alcohol- and drug related issues in the workplace||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Families|
|Codependency, Children of alcoholic families, parenting styles, family factors||00:08:00|
|Relapse for families, ‘letting go’, dependent attitudes and dependent behaviours||00:07:00|
|The Intervention Approach||00:05:00|
|Working with Addiction|
|Why be a ‘helper’||00:03:00|
|‘Helper’ qualities and attitudes||00:04:00|
|Counselling / ‘helping’ skills||00:04:00|
No Reviews found for this course.