Take your most significant steps to help people break free from addiction. This Diploma in Addiction Therapy and Psychology course will enhance your knowledge of addiction therapy and psychology.
In this Diploma in Addiction Therapy and Psychology course, you’ll discover the psychological approaches to addiction treatment. The course will thoroughly introduce you to the psychological models and theories of addiction. On top of that, you’ll gain valuable insights into counselling and therapy to help addicted individuals. The course will also teach you about alcohol and drug issues in the workplace. Finally, you’ll explore the must-have skills to become an addiction counsellor.
- Familiarise yourself with the addiction theories
- Learn about the psychological model of addiction
- Enrich your knowledge of addiction treatments
- Determine the purpose of alcohol and drug education
- Understand the role of a counsellor in addiction recovery
Who is this Course for?
Anyone interested in learning the fundamentals of addiction treatment and psychology can take this Diploma in Addiction Therapy and Psychology Course. The in-demand skills and knowledge gained from this training will help learners with tremendous career opportunities in the relevant field.
- This course is available to all learners of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over.
- Good understanding of the English language, numeracy, and ICT skills are required to take this course.
- After you have successfully completed the course, you will obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. And, you will also receive a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy for £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- The PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why Choose Us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos and materials from the industry-leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- United Kingdom & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet and desktop from anywhere, anytime;
- Substantial career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Diploma in Addiction Therapy and Psychology Course provides essential skills that will make you more effective in your role. It would be beneficial for any related profession in the industry, such as:
- Addiction Counsellor
- Health Counsellor
|Introduction: About instructor & the course||00:02:00|
|Theories of Addiction|
|The Moral Model||00:06:00|
|The Psychological Model||00:07:00|
|The Medical / Disease Model||00:09:00|
|The Socio-Cultural Model||00:05:00|
|The Minnesota Model||00:04:00|
|Counselling and Therapy||00:07:00|
|Harm Reduction Model||00:05:00|
|Treatments in Practice||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Society|
|Drug policies, Legislation and Decriminalisation||00:09:00|
|Community change, Outreach, Harm Reduction or Abstinence||00:06:00|
|Alcohol and Drug education||00:06:00|
|Alcohol- and drug related issues in the workplace||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Families|
|Codependency, Children of alcoholic families, parenting styles, family factors||00:08:00|
|Relapse for families, ‘letting go’, dependent attitudes and dependent behaviours||00:07:00|
|The Intervention Approach||00:05:00|
|Working with Addiction|
|Why be a ‘helper’||00:03:00|
|‘Helper’ qualities and attitudes||00:04:00|
|Counselling / ‘helping’ skills||00:04:00|
|Order Your Certificate||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.