Career in journalism is a standout amongst the most exciting fields, where you really get rewarded for something you adore. On the off chance that you see yourself as to be an inquisitive imaginative, who appreciates pursuing a story and hunting down reality, the Diploma in Journalism is your future check. This course is designed for students who are interested in a career in journalism and journalism-related fields. We open doors for students wishing to pursue writing studies or those looking for a career in newspapers and other media.
Who is the course for?
- New freelancers
- Those keen to break into journalism
- Those who seek to brush up their journalism skills
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
This Diploma in Journalism is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for the for entry level jobs in the journalism such as
- Freelance Writer
- Desktop Publisher and Editor
- Media presenter.
|What is news?||01:00:00|
|What is a journalist?||01:00:00|
|The shape of the news story||00:15:00|
|Writing the intro in simple steps||01:00:00|
|Writing the intro, the golden rules||00:30:00|
|Writing the news story in simple steps||01:00:00|
|Writing the news story – clear writing||00:30:00|
|Watch your interviewee’s body language.||00:15:00|
|Working with Sources||00:15:00|
|Glossary of Broadcast News Teams||00:15:00|
|Law, Ethics And Responsibility||00:15:00|
|Operating Standards for News and Public Affairs||00:15:00|
|What is the Media?||00:15:00|
|What Makes News?||00:30:00|
|Plan your Approach||01:00:00|
|Adhere to Deadlines||00:30:00|
|Social Media and Journalism|
|Definition of Social Media||00:15:00|
|Communication flow within journalism||00:15:00|
|The impact of social media on journalism||00:30:00|
|Becoming a Journalist|
|What Is A Journalist?||01:00:00|
|What Type Of Degree Do I Need?||00:30:00|
|How To Get Started Writing Before Graduation||01:00:00|
|The Rules Of Journalism||01:00:00|
|Building A Portfolio||00:30:00|
|What Is Style?||01:00:00|
|What Does A Copy Editor Do?||01:00:00|
|Additional Degrees To Consider||01:00:00|
|Online Journalism – The Way Of The Future||01:00:00|
|What To Expect On Your First Job||00:30:00|
|Women in Journalism|
|The Secret Significance of Journalism||01:00:00|
|Imperfections of the Existing Woman−Journalist||01:00:00|
|The Roads towards Journalism||01:00:00|
|The Outside Contributor||01:00:00|
|The Search for Copy||01:00:00|
|The Art of Corresponding with an Editor||00:30:00|
|Notes on the Leading Types of Papers||00:30:00|
|Woman’s Sphere in Journalism||01:00:00|
|Recommended Reading: Diploma in journalism||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam- Diploma in Journalism||00:20:00|
|Final Exam- Diploma in Journalism||00:20:00|