This Dog Care and Grooming Diploma is ideal for those who wants to or has worked in the dog grooming industry for some time. Learners may have plenty of experience and want to develop their skills further, perhaps to move into a management role.
This course is suited to the practical learner who wants to progress in the industry. Regular grooming is an important part of responsible dog care, even if it may seem like your dog is taking care of those needs by himself. Taking on a dog grooming diploma not only gives you the necessary skills to groom and care for dogs, it can also prepare you for starting your own dog grooming business.
Who is the course for?
- Dog owners and lovers who want to learn how to take of their dogs
- Dog breeders, groomers, handlers, and trainers who want to know how to care for dogs properly.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
After completing and passing the course successfully, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
After completing this course you will be able to build up accurate knowledge and skills with proper confidence to enrich yourself and brighten up your career in the relevant job market.
|The History of Dog Grooming||00:15:00|
|Why Do We Groom?||00:15:00|
|Breed Groups and Coat Types||00:15:00|
|Equipment and Techniques||01:00:00|
|Keep Your Dog Healthy and Clean||01:00:00|
|Things to Look for Before you Groom a Dog||00:15:00|
|Pre-grooming and General Care||00:30:00|
|How to Bathe Your Dog||00:15:00|
|How to Get Your Dog to Love Bath Time||00:15:00|
|Drying Your Dog After a Bath||00:15:00|
|Bathing and Drying: General Considerations||00:15:00|
|Grooming Details (Clipping, Scissors, Ears, Teeth, Feet, Bottoms)||00:30:00|
|Basic First Aid||01:00:00|
|Understanding the appropriate food ingredients||00:30:00|
|Dogs need different diets at different ages||00:15:00|
|Vitamin and mineral supplements||00:15:00|
|Boredom and variety||00:15:00|
|Cost of feeds||00:15:00|
|Dry vs. Canned food||00:15:00|
|How much should I feed my dog?||00:30:00|
|How often should I feed my dog?||00:30:00|
|Signs of ill health||00:30:00|
|Heart worm, fleas and other parasites||00:30:00|
|Common questions about heartworm||00:30:00|
|Fleas and other parasites||00:30:00|
|Do parasites cause “Scooting”?||00:15:00|
|Preventing dental disease||00:30:00|
|Home dental care||00:30:00|
|Veterinary dental treatments||00:30:00|
|The importance of the physical examination||00:30:00|
|Why are regular check-ups important?||00:15:00|
|What happens during an examination?||00:30:00|
|How often should my pet be examined?||00:15:00|
|How to administer medicine||00:30:00|
|Nursing a sick dog||00:30:00|
|Common questions about vaccinations||00:30:00|
|Spaying and neutering||00:30:00|
|Spaying of the Female dog||00:30:00|
|Surgical neutering of the male dog||00:30:00|
|Pet health insurance||00:30:00|
|Clipping a dog||00:15:00|
|First steps in grooming||00:30:00|
|Bathing a dog||00:30:00|
|Dog Care Basics||00:30:00|
|What Items Do You Need For Your Dog||00:45:00|
|The Vet Is Your Friend||00:30:00|
|Caring For An Elderly Dog||00:30:00|
|Caring For A Disabled Dog||00:15:00|
|Caring For Small Dogs||00:15:00|
|Caring For Big Dogs||00:30:00|
|The Dangers Of Not Caring For Your Best Friend||00:30:00|
|How to Groom a Dog||00:15:00|
|Require Materials for Grooming a Dog||00:15:00|
|Clipping the Nails||00:15:00|
|Brushing the Teeth||00:15:00|
|Brushing/Combing the Coat||00:15:00|
No Reviews found for this course.