To keep your body strong and functional, you need to eat food. But for dysphagia patients, it is quite difficult. They can’t swallow foods easily. Learn how to handle dysphagia patients from this Dysphagia Awareness Training course and help these suffering people to get better.
In this Dysphagia Awareness Training course, you will learn how to diagnose dysphagia and treat patients who are suffering from dysphagia. You will be familiarized with different levels and types of dysphagia, how it affects the swallowing and communication of a patient and how to treat them. You will also understand which type of medication is better to help your patient get better soon. This course will give you theoretical knowledge about the patients and their conditions. You will be able to understand the symptoms, medication and treatment process easily with the help of the bite-sized modules.
- Learn about the basic fundamentals of dysphagia and its classification
- Gain a clear understanding of the causes, symptoms and treatments of dysphagia
- Learn how the swallowing process works in case of dysphagia and how it affects the patient’s health
- Learn to diagnose and assess dysphagia
- Understand how to treat a patient suffering from dysphagia
- Know how to prescribe medicines for dysphagia patients
- Get the professional skills you need to become a speech and language specialist
- Know how to apply a client-centered approach when treating dysphagia patients
Who is this course for
Aspiring professionals interested in learning about dysphagia can enroll on this comprehensive Dysphagia Awareness Training course. This course will give you a clear understanding of the reasons for dysphagia, symptoms and how to treat them.
- This course is available to all learners of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT skills are required to take this course.
- After you have successfully completed the course, you will obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. And, you will also receive a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy for £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why Choose Us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos and materials from the industry-leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- United Kingdom & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet and desktop from anywhere, anytime;
- Substantial career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Dysphagia Awareness Training Course provides essential skills that will make you more effective in your role. It would be beneficial for any related profession in the industry, such as:
- Language Specialist
- Speech Therapist
- Patient Host
- Nursing Assistant
- Direct Support Professional
- Voice and Swallowing Specialist
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Instrument Technician
- Dysphagia Specialist
|Dysphagia Awareness Training|
|Module: 1 – Introduction of Dysphagia||00:31:00|
|Module: 2 – Understanding the Swallowing Reflex||00:30:00|
|Module: 3 – Cause, Signs, and Symptoms||00:38:00|
|Module: 4 – Diagnosis and Treatment||00:23:00|
|Module: 5 – International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative||00:34:00|
|Module: 6 – The importance of good oral health||00:35:00|
No Reviews found for this course.