The legal system is very complicated in itself for any given country. A common stereotype is that a lawyer or solicitor often goes mad during law school given the amount of information they have to remember. This is why they need the extra help in their management department, in the shape of a legal secretary. Using this Legal Secretary Diploma course you can now develop your skills in the highly demanding law industry.
Like all good materials, this course starts out by giving you a brief introduction into the world of a legal secretary and what they do. Following that you find out the different skills needed for a legal secretary including basic computer knowledge, teamwork and attention to detail. You will also learn about general duties of a legal secretary and how the day to day operation commences. This course will further teach you about managing meetings, keeping records with a different filing system, developing research skills, managing transcription for judges and provide tips on writing and proofreading. Furthermore, you will understand the basic understanding of how legal system works in the UK, the courts of UK including Scotland and Northern Ireland, and observe daily tasks from someone who has been there done that.
Overall this is a great course for you to make certain you make it as a legal secretary.
Who is the course for?
- People interested in working for law firms or courts
- Professionals interested in pursuing a job in the legal industry
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Legal Secretary Diploma course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any related profession or industry such as:
- Legal Secretary
- Law firm assistant
- Personal Assistant to Lawyers
- Assistant to Judges
|Introduction to Legal Secretary||00:15:00|
|Role of Legal Secretaries||00:15:00|
|General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary||00:30:00|
|Legal Writing Skills & Proofreading||00:15:00|
|Research Skills You Need to Know||00:30:00|
|Transcription, Editing & Correspondence to Judges||00:30:00|
|Legal System of UK||00:15:00|
|UK Court System||00:30:00|
|Meeting Management & Minute Taking|
|The Role of a Minute-Taker||00:15:00|
|The Skills of a Minute-Taker||00:30:00|
|What Do I Record?||00:30:00|
|Techniques for Preparing Minutes||00:30:00|
|Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting||00:15:00|
|The Minute Book||00:15:00|
|What to include/what to ignore||00:30:00|
|Motions and Resolutions||00:00:00|
|Method of recording minutes||00:30:00|
|Reasons for Meeting||00:30:00|
|What is a decision?||00:15:00|
|Minute Taking tips||00:30:00|
|Other Secretarial Roles and Responsibilities|
|Working with Your Manager||01:00:00|
|Administrative Soft Skills||01:00:00|
|Effective Time Management||01:00:00|
|Tools of the Trade||01:00:00|
|Being an Effective Gatekeeper||00:15:00|
|Customer Service Role|
|Introduction To Customer Service||00:15:00|
|The Power of Positive Thinking in Customer Service||00:30:00|
|Types of Difficult Customers and How to Help them||01:00:00|
|How to Deal with Difficult Customers||00:30:00|
|Aspects of Phone Etiquette||01:00:00|
|Using Proper Phone Language||01:00:00|
|Eliminate Phone Distractions||01:00:00|
|Handling Rude or Angry Callers||01:00:00|
|Handling Interoffice Calls||01:00:00|
|Methods of Training Employees||01:00:00|
|Correcting Poor Telephone Etiquette||01:00:00|
|Organizing Work Using MS Word|
|Working with the Interface||01:00:00|
|Your First Document||01:00:00|
|Basic Editing Tasks||01:00:00|
|Basic Formatting Tasks||01:00:00|
|Advanced Formatting Tasks||01:00:00|
|Working with Styles||01:00:00|
|Formatting the Page||01:00:00|
|Sharing Your Document||01:00:00|
|Introduction to Proofreading||00:15:00|
|What does a Proofreader do?||00:15:00|
|Proofreading on Paper & Screen||00:15:00|
|Strategies to Check for Specific Errors||00:15:00|
|Editing & Proofreading Strategies||00:15:00|
|Proofreading an Essay||00:15:00|
|Mock Exam- Legal Secretary Diploma||00:30:00|
|Final Exam- Legal Secretary Diploma||00:30:00|