Pet care can be a difficult job if you are not passionate about pets. Most of the people in this industry are pet lovers themselves. There are a lot of opportunities to have a career in pet care, as long as you have the right knowledge and skills in pet care then you are good to go. Educate yourself in this pet care skills course to learn about pet care and pet health problems. This course includes lessons in (1) pet care basics; (2) pet choosing; (3) taking care of cats; (4) taking care of dogs; and (5) making pet food. Learn a lot without sacrificing so much time by enrolling in this course.
Who is the course for?
- Animal Health Care employees or professionals who want to improve themselves.
- Dog owners and lovers who want to learn how to train their dogs
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Pet Care Skills Course is perfect for those animal health professionals like:
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Groomer
- Animal Handler
- Veterinary Doctor
- Veterinary Technician.
|Various breeds of cats||00:30:00|
|Safety is most important for your pet||00:15:00|
|What kind of food will you choose for your pets?||00:15:00|
|Your cat’s bath – what do you need to do||00:15:00|
|Toys – your cat’s best friends or foes?||00:20:00|
|Tips to train your cats||00:20:00|
|Preventing your pet from high temperature in warm hot months||00:20:00|
|How to care for your diabetic cat||00:30:00|
|Understanding cat fights- Can you avoid them?||00:15:00|
|Is your cat not using litter box- Find out why||00:15:00|
|Choosing Your Pet|
|Small Mammal Basics||00:30:00|
|Research The Type Of Small Mammal You Want||00:30:00|
|Determine The Pet Which Will Be The Best Fit To Your Family||00:30:00|
|Consider Other Pets In The House||00:30:00|
|Consider Your Budget And Resources||00:30:00|
|The Dangers Of Choosing The Wrong Small Mammal||00:15:00|
|Taking Care of Cat|
|Popular Cat Breeds||01:00:00|
|Choosing a Cat||00:15:00|
|Tips for Dealing with a New Kitten||01:00:00|
|Cat Food and Feeding Tips||00:30:00|
|The Health of Your Feline||01:00:00|
|The Basics of Grooming||01:00:00|
|Traveling With Your Feline Companion||01:00:00|
|Behaviors That Many Cats Share||00:30:00|
|Disciplining Your Cat||00:30:00|
|Taking Care of Dog|
|Understanding the appropriate food ingredients||00:30:00|
|Dogs need different diets at different ages||00:15:00|
|Vitamin and mineral supplements||00:15:00|
|Boredom and variety||00:15:00|
|Cost of feeds||00:15:00|
|Dry vs. Canned food||00:15:00|
|How much should I feed my dog?||00:30:00|
|How often should I feed my dog?||00:30:00|
|Signs of ill health||00:30:00|
|Heart worm, fleas and other parasites||00:30:00|
|Common questions about heartworm||00:30:00|
|Fleas and other parasites||00:30:00|
|Do parasites cause “Scooting”?||00:15:00|
|Preventing dental disease||00:30:00|
|Home dental care||00:30:00|
|Veterinary dental treatments||00:30:00|
|The importance of the physical examination||00:30:00|
|Why are regular check-ups important?||00:15:00|
|What happens during an examination?||00:30:00|
|How often should my pet be examined?||00:15:00|
|How to administer medicine||00:30:00|
|Nursing a sick dog||00:30:00|
|Common questions about vaccinations||00:30:00|
|Spaying and neutering||00:30:00|
|Spaying of the Female dog||00:30:00|
|Surgical neutering of the male dog||00:30:00|
|Pet health insurance||00:30:00|
|Clipping a dog||00:15:00|
|First steps in grooming||00:30:00|
|Bathing a dog||00:30:00|
|Making Pet Food|
|Homemade Pet Food – Why it is so beneficial||01:00:00|
|Making Pet Food for First Time – What Precautions to Take||01:00:00|
|Natural Pet Food Making Techniques||01:00:00|
|Home made Pet Food for Dogs||01:00:00|
|Homemade Pet Food for Cat||01:00:00|
|Making Homemade Dry Pet Food||01:00:00|
|Great Way to Save Money Spent on Pet Food||01:00:00|
|What Kind of Food Animals Love||00:30:00|
|Nutrients to Supply Pets with Food Made at Homes||01:00:00|
|Tips to Make Excellent Quality Food||00:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.