Understand adult psychology and know how to deal with them in the Psychology of Old Age Certificate course.
Throughout the course, you will understand adult psychology and explore whether the career in ‘caring’ or ‘psychology’ is for you or not. You will learn about ‘Alzheimer’s disease’ and ‘dementia’ and also understand the difference between these two diseases. The course shows you how common people stereotype the older people and how it affects them. You will also learn about ‘developmental psychology’, and substance abuse in older people.
Lastly, the course teaches you how to improve health and wellbeing of old people. Here, you will learn the effects of exercising, eating healthy in older age, caring for old people and more.
Who is the course for?
- Anyone who wants to learn about ‘old age’ psychology
- Anyone who is interested in various topics related to psychology
- Anyone who is planning their career in psychology
- Anyone who is looking after the elderly and would like to learn theories of ‘old age’
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
After completing and passing the course successfully, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
After completing this course you will be able to build up accurate knowledge and skills with proper confidence to enrich yourself and brighten up your career in the relevant job market.
|About Your Course|
|About your tutor||FREE||00:02:00|
|About your course||00:03:00|
|Introduction to Psychology of Older Age|
|What is ‘Developmental Psychology’?||00:05:00|
|What is ‘Gerontology’?||00:09:00|
|What we consider as ‘old age’||00:09:00|
|What is ‘ageing’ and how it happens||00:08:00|
|Psychology of Older Age|
|Common stereotypes of older people||00:08:00|
|How stereotyping affects older people||00:08:00|
|Life stages and Theories||00:11:00|
|What do we look forward to in our older age?||00:06:00|
|Mental Health and Old Age|
|Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia||00:09:00|
|Chronic illness and Disabilities||00:08:00|
|Substance abuse (addictions)||00:06:00|
|The Quality of Life|
|What is ‘Quality of Life’?||00:05:00|
|Loneliness factors in the elderly population||00:07:00|
|Coping with grief and bereavement||00:07:00|
|‘Mild’ and ‘severe’ depression||00:07:00|
|Fear of dying (‘death anxiety’)||00:09:00|
|Improving Health and Wellbeing|
|The effects of exercising||00:09:00|
|Is it worth eating ‘healthy’ in older age?||00:09:00|
|What else affects ‘health’ and ‘wellbeing’?||00:08:00|
|Caring for older people||00:06:00|
|Thank You & Good Bye!||00:02:00|
|Mock Exam – Psychology of Old Age Certificate||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Psychology of Old Age Certificate Training||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.