Teaching English as a second language and it can help you to see the world
English is such an important language and helps people to travel, study, and do business all over the world. This presents many exciting employment opportunities for people who have a love of the English language. The demand for teachers doesn’t show any signs of slowing down anytime in the future, so finding jobs and students is not too challenging.
Many people in the industry combine teaching with travelling or living in another country. Although, there are many online employment opportunities if you are just looking for some extra money. However, before you start looking for jobs or looking at flight tickets, you will need to get a teaching qualification, such as Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
Discover more about each course and the different modules:
TESOL & TEFL
Teaching English as a second language courses offer you an introduction to the fundamentals of the English language and provide you with the tools to start teaching fun grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation lessons. These skills will give you a solid foundation as you start your teaching journey. They will also help you feel more confident speaking about the technical aspects of the English language.
What Can I Do With A TEFL or TESOL Certificate?
Most people that get a certificate in teaching English usually opt for either of the following options:
1. You can apply for online English jobs. There are many platforms out there that focus on conversation and grammar for either kids or adults. Most of the platforms usually have pre-planned lessons, so you just have to add some personality to the classes.
2. If you have a degree, then you can apply for jobs abroad. There is always a huge demand for native English speakers across Asia, Europe, and South America. It is a great way to see the world while developing your teaching skills.
Here at John Academy, we offer convenient and highly-effective online courses with certificates. You can get started whenever it works best for you, and as it is an online course you can study in any place that you feel comfortable. Once you have your certificate, you can start thinking about the next step in your English teaching career.
1. 15 Teaching Skills Needed for Online Teachers – Learn How to Teach Online
2. The Changing World of Remote Working, Teaching, and Learning
3. Strategies for Remote Learning and Teaching OnlineHow Teaching English As a Second language?