Are you curious about the different types of autism? Do you have a loved one who is autistic? What are the common signs to look out for? Whether you want to become a social support worker or broaden your knowledge of this topic, learn more about autism in this online course and understand how to provide appropriate support for autistic people.
You may have seen an autistic child or grown-up and never realised that the individual is diagnosed with autism, but it is understandable that you are confused and didn’t identify the signs, since people on the autistic spectrum can display very subtle symptoms of autism. This course will give you comprehensive lessons on understanding autism, and digs into a large portion of the related issues related to autism and how you can support someone who is diagnosed with autism, as well as spread awareness about this topic.
Some autistic people on the autism spectrum might have the capacity to impart their needs and needs or communicate well, while others on the other end of the spectrum will have difficulty expressing themselves and understanding their emotions. Autistic kids act diversely to typical circumstances than the average child. This autism course is an in-depth investigation of autism theories, with points of view related to supporting methods of reasoning. You are given the chance to discuss all of these viewpoints in your own composition.
Who is the course for?
- People on the autistic spectrum or a parent, teacher, physician, or professionals associated with autistic children.
- To different kinds of people from all professional and personal backgrounds who want to learn about autism and how to handle people suffering from it.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Diploma in Autism is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialist
- Behavior Analyst
- Clinical Psychologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Special Education Teacher.