Do you want to provide expert care and support for your elderly loved ones? Are you considering a career in social care? This Diploma in Elderly Care is designed to introduce the role and responsibilities of an elderly carer, helping you gain the practical skills and knowledge you need to meet the psychosocial and well-being needs of vulnerable elder people.
Whether you’re a live-in carer, or are considering working in a nursing home, this elderly care course aims to train you how to care for older people in all working environments. You will learn how to provide support for vulnerable people who can no longer live independently, and will explore the difficulties and challenges you will face while caring for elderly adults. Key topics include health and safety, outdoor activities and common illnesses. You’ll also learn how to care for elderly people suffering from dementia.
Enrol in this online course today and kickstart your career in health and social care.
Who is this course for?
- Care professionals who want to improve their elderly care skills and management.
- People who have the interest to become part of the geriatric/elderly care.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Diploma in Elderly Care is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Ageing Services Administrators
- Geriatric Care Experts
- Geriatric Case Managers
- Social Workers.