Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience mental health problems each year. If you’re interested in a career in mental health care, this Diploma in Mental Health Support Worker will give you the practical skills and knowledge you need to care for individuals with mental health issues during their psychological and emotional lows, be it professionally or to support a loved one.
This mental health course is divided into three key modules, each corresponding to the basics of mental health care, mental health in children, and the role of a mental health support worker. Firstly, you will be introduced to the basics of mental health, how to be resilient and nurture healthy relationships. Next, you will focus on how to nurture positivity and confidence in children, and will familiarise with birth defects, mental illnesses, behaviour disorders and much more. Finally you‘ll look into what it takes to become a mental health support worker, exploring the roles, tasks, required training and possible career paths.
Kickstart your career in the mental health service and learn how to give professional care and treatment to people with mental health conditions. Enrol in this mental health support worker training course today and start making a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of young people and adults.
Who is the course for?
- Professionals who are helping people suffering from mental issues
- People who have an interest in the personal mental development
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Diploma in Mental Health Support Worker course is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Home Care Taker