Forensic Psychology is the field that uses psychological knowledge to legal matters, both in the criminal and civil arenas. The Forensic Science and Profiling Diploma course teaches you how to apply psychological theories to explain criminal behaviour.
For explaining criminal behaviour, you first need to know about their psychology. The course presents several psychological theories. You will understand the psychology of a psychopath, offender or mentally ill person. The course helps you to find out the reasons why eyewitnesses do not give the correct answer while they are testifying or why psychopath did more crimes than other people with mental disorders. The personal characteristics of offenders, psychopath offenders, offender profiling, crisis negotiation, etc. will be discussed in the course.
In short, the course covers the essential areas of forensic psychology and helps you to implement the knowledge in the criminal investigation.
Who is the course for?
- This course is for students who want to work in criminal or forensic settings
- This course is for students who like to learn psychology
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
After completing and passing the course successfully, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
After completing this course you will be able to build up accurate knowledge and skills with proper confidence to enrich yourself and brighten up your career in the relevant job market.
|Introduction: About the Course and the Tutor||FREE||00:03:00|
|History of development of Forensic Psychology||00:06:00|
|Research Methods in Forensic Psychology|
|Research Design and Methodology||00:12:00|
|Critical evaluation of psychological research||00:09:00|
|Theories of Offending|
|Introduction to theories of offending||00:06:00|
|Theories of sexual offending||00:08:00|
|Theories of violent offending||00:08:00|
|Theories of fire-setting behaviour||00:08:00|
|Personal Attributes of Offenders|
|Personal characteristics of offenders||00:06:00|
|Personality disordered offenders||00:06:00|
|Mental Illness and offending||00:07:00|
|Forensic Psychology in Police Investigations|
|An Introduction to Offender Profiling||00:05:00|
|Approaches to Offender Profiling||00:05:00|
|The Effectiveness of Offender Profiling||00:06:00|
|Forensic Psychology in the Courtroom|
|Expert witness testimony||00:04:00|
|Attitudes towards victims||00:06:00|
|Forensic Psychology in Practice|
|’What works’ literature in reducing re-offending||00:06:00|
|Interventions to reduce risk of re-offending||00:07:00|
|Incident management (Crisis Negotiation)||00:08:00|
|Mock Exam – Forensic Science and Profiling Diploma||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Forensic Science and Profiling Diploma||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.