Learn how to become a master craftsperson and find a great way to make a business from your DIY skills by taking our accredited Furniture Restoration and Design Course. The ability to revitalise ageing and old furniture to new glory has become lucrative, thanks to the many antique and repair TV shows that top the ratings. If you want the ability and knowledge to give new life and beauty to the most dilapidated heirlooms and neglected furnishings, this course will help you on your way and open new doors to fantastic DIY projects alongside grateful clients and customers. Our interactive online modules will hone your skills and ensure you are trained for any complex furniture restoration or personal project that you want to take on.
Becoming an accomplished furniture restorer and designer will open your eyes to new possibilities and your time to new jobs. You will be shown how to plan each project and source the materials, alongside preparing the perfect workspace. With our help, you will master techniques of wood rejuvenation, upholstery repair work and antique restoration. You can also expect to be guided with tips on producing exciting designs for furniture and brand new projects, in addition to health & safety tips and career advice for the budding professional. This comprehensive tutorial grants you access to all the DIY and restorative information you’ll need to excel in this field. Sign up now for a fantastic future in furniture.
- Appreciate the value and reasons for furniture restoration
- Know the requirements for each piece that you choose to restore
- Understand how to revitalise all types of wood and craft it carefully
- Learn how to remove and replace aged or torn upholstery
- Gain the ability to restore antiques to their former glory
- Discover how to design and make your own ambitious DIY projects
- Ensure you and your workplace are free from potential hazards and risks
- Attain an understanding of the career potentials for furniture workers in the UK
Who is This Course for?
This course has been produced to train individuals in the art of furniture restoration and modern DIY furniture design. It will be of great advantage to anyone wishing to gain work in the furniture industry or an associated repair and restoration business.
This course provides a full learning curve for the restoration of antique furniture and DIY furniture design work. As such, it is appropriate for the following roles and careers:
- Upholstery & Furniture Technician
- Furniture Repair Technician
- Upholstery Service Manager
- Antiques and Furniture Restorer
- Interior / Furniture Designer
|Furniture Restoration and Design|
|Module 1: Introduction to Furniture Restoration||00:15:00|
|Module 2: How to Get Started||00:17:00|
|Module 3: Woods in Furniture Restoration||00:30:00|
|Module 4: Upholstery Restoration||00:22:00|
|Module 5: Restoring Antiques Furniture||00:21:00|
|Module 6: DIY: Restoration Projects||00:24:00|
|Module 7: Safety Precautions in DIY Projects||00:29:00|
|Module 8: Career Information for Furniture Restorer in the UK||00:17:00|
|Mock Exam – Furniture Restoration and Design||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Furniture Restoration and Design||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.