If you are a non-techie interested in learning about computer networks or an aspiring IT professional who wish to better understand how networks work then get all the information you need here. This course has been designed to equip students with a wide range of software, technical and ICT skills required by the industry. By the end of this program, the students will have the ability to develop an IT solution to a practical business problem using a technological approach.
Who is the course for?
- Non-Techies interested in Learning About Computer Networks
- Business & IT Managers Need to better understand how network works
- Aspiring & Inexperienced IT Professionals
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
This course would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Entry level technician at Telephone/ Internet Service Providers
- Computer sales and service technician
- Entry-level IT/ network technician at banks
- Entry-level IT/ network support technician at insurance companies
- Entry-level IT/ network support technician at utility companies
- Entry-level IT/ network support technician at energy based companies
- Entry-level IT/ network technician at universities
- Entry-level IT/ network technician at broadcast houses
- Entry-level IT/ network technician in the government
- Owner/Manager small computer business
- Other Entrepreneurial activity.
|Basic Computer Terms||00:15:00|
|Basic Internet Concepts||00:30:00|
|Computers in the Workplace||00:15:00|
|The Electronic World||00:15:00|
|Safety and the Environment||00:15:00|
|Protecting your Data||00:15:00|
|Protecting Against Malware||00:15:00|
|Computer Networking Basics|
|Introduction to Computer Networking||00:30:00|
|Types of Computer Networks||01:00:00|
|Types of Network Equipment||00:30:00|
|Wireless Local Area Networking||01:00:00|
|TCP/IP and Other Internet Protocols||01:00:00|
|Network Routing, Switching and Bridging||01:00:00|
|IPv4 & IPv6||01:00:00|
|Computer Networking Concepts|
|Basics of computer networking||00:30:00|
|Computer networking design and solutions||00:30:00|
|Getting the right computer network hardware.||01:00:00|
|Setting up your Computer Network||00:30:00|
|Wireless vs wired||01:00:00|
|Cable management for wired computer network||01:00:00|
|Managing your network with network monitoring tools||01:00:00|
|Computer network maintenance and repair||01:00:00|
|Troubleshooting computer network||01:00:00|
|Recommended Reading: Level 2 Certificate in Computer Networking||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam- Level 2 Certificate in Computer Networking||00:20:00|
|Final Exam- Level 2 Certificate in Computer Networking||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.