Whenever a meeting takes place, there is always that someone who needs to take the minutes. So why is it so important to do that? Well because it helps keep track of what went down in that meeting and summarizes the main points. This Minute Taking Training Course is designed to help you become better at taking minutes which essentially helps in different careers as well.
This is a very basic course where you can develop your skills and further your understanding behind the reason and need to take minutes. And that is why you initially start the course by understanding what minutes are and what is needed for a minute taker. Since minutes are business documents you have to understand what you should include and what should be avoided in minutes which this course will clarify. You will also learn about the differences between motions and resolutions, ways to record a meeting, understanding decisions and get tips on minute taking.
Overall for a basic course, it is quite straightforward and to the point. Taking it will help in making sure you get the strong foundation for when you need to take notes professionally.
Who is the Minute Taking Training course for?
- People interested in maximizing their efficiency in note taking for their jobs
- People interested in working as a stenotype operator or journalist
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Minute Taking Training Course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any professions or career from any industry you are in such as:
- Stenotype Operator
- Personal Assistants