Proofreading is a process where an individual checks their written content before publishing it to any given audience. It is an essential stage of the publishing process – be it for a school or college report, or when you are writing a book. Now with the help of this Proofreading & Copy Editing Course course, you can start to learn about the process of proofreading.
This is a very basic course which will help you get more knowledge on proofreading and copyediting. As such this course starts out with a basic introduction where you learn about the checklist when proofreading. Following this, you will discover the differences between proofreading and copyediting before moving onto how you should approach proofreading on paper and on screen. Furthermore, you will continue to find out about the strategies for checking, and for the editing & proofreading process. This course will also provide you with plenty of tips on proofreading and teach you a whole lot about copy editing.
With the help of this course, you will be able to provide quality content every time, which can also be developed into a business if you play your cards right.
Who is the course for?
- People interested in learning about proofreading
- Professionals interested in getting into a copy editing position
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Proofreading & Copy Editing Course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any related profession or industry such as:
- Newspaper editor
- Proofreading business
- English teacher
|Proofreading & Copy Editing Course|
|Introduction to Proofreading||00:15:00|
|What does a Proofreader do?||00:15:00|
|Difference between Copy editing||00:15:00|
|Proofreading on Paper & Screen||00:15:00|
|Strategies to Check for Specific Errors||00:15:00|
|Editing & Proofreading Strategies||00:15:00|
|Proofreading an Essay||00:15:00|
|Basic Copy Editing||00:15:00|
|Simple Rules for Copyediting||00:15:00|
|Fact Checking As Copy Editor||00:15:00|
|Mock Exam- Proofreading & Copy Editing Course||00:20:00|
|Final Exam- Proofreading & Copy Editing Course||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.