SEN stands for special educational needs. These educational methods are used for kids with special needs such as autism, dyslexia, and visual impairments just to name a few. Though every child has a right to public education in any institute they want, not all teachers are adequately prepared or trained to cater for their needs. This fully accredited SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course is designed to help you become an ideal teaching assistant to all children.
The course is divided into three parts and starts with an introduction to SEN where you will discover your role as a teacher. Furthermore, you will find out more about SEN code of practices and gain an understanding on SENCO. You will also get tips on management strategies for SEN classrooms, dealing with pupils that suffer from a variety of conditions, understand the difficulties they face and so much more. The next section introduces SEN in the USA where you learn about principles of special education and the SEN curriculum. Next, you look into ADHD, its causes, diagnosis, treatment and reasonable adjustments needed.
Becoming a SEN teaching assistant requires great dedication, knowledge, skills and strategies; and this course is sure enough to bring out these traits from you.
Who is the course for?
- Professionals who want to learn about SEN education
- People who have an interest in school management
- People who want to become SEN teachers
- Parents with kids who have special needs
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any professions or career from any industry you are in such as:
- School management
- Special needs children assistants
|Fundamentals of Teaching|
|Understanding the Development of Children and Young Person||01:00:00|
|Communication and Professional Relationships with Pupils and Family||01:00:00|
|Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young Person||01:00:00|
|SEN: Special Educational Needs|
|Introduction to Special Educational Needs (SEN)||00:30:00|
|Understand Constructivism in the Classroom and Know Your Role as a Teacher||01:00:00|
|SEN Code of Practice||01:00:00|
|Get an Understanding on SENCO||01:00:00|
|Classroom Management Strategies for Children with Special Needs||00:30:00|
|Physical Difficulties, Sensory Difficulties, Cognitive Impairments of Pupils||01:00:00|
|How to Deal with Pupils with Autism||00:30:00|
|Understanding Learning Difficulties||01:00:00|
|Anger Management Methods for Pupils With Special Needs||00:30:00|
|Teaching Children with Down Syndrome||00:30:00|
|SEN in USA|
|INTRODUCTION to SEN USA||02:00:00|
|PRINCIPLES OF SPECIAL EDUCATION||01:00:00|
|CONCLUSION to SEN USA||00:15:00|
|What is ADHD?||00:30:00|
|Causes of ADHD||00:30:00|
|ADHD and Education||00:30:00|
|Reasonable Adjustments: ADHD||01:00:00|
|Adults with ADHD||00:30:00|
|What is Dyslexia?||01:00:00|
|Creating Dyslexia Friendly Environment||00:30:00|
|Solutions for Dyslexia||00:30:00|
|Mock Exam- SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma||00:30:00|
|Final Exam- SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma||00:30:00|