Are you passionate about working with children? SEN stands for special educational needs. These educational methods are used for children and young people with special needs such as autism, dyslexia, and visual impairments, to name a few. Though every child has a right to public education in any institute they want, not all teachers are adequately prepared or trained to cater to their needs. This fully accredited SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course is designed to prepare you to work in a school as a special needs teaching assistant, or higher level teaching assistant.
This SEN teaching assistant course is divided into three parts and starts with an introduction to SEN teaching, where you will explore your role as a teacher. Furthermore, you will explore SEN code of practice and gain an understanding of SENCO and various learning activities. You will also get tips on management strategies for SEN classrooms, dealing with pupils that suffer from a variety of conditions, the learning difficulties they face and so much more. The next section introduces SEN in the USA where you learn about the principles of special education and the SEN curriculum. Finally, you will explore ADHD, its causes, diagnosis, treatment and characteristics.
Becoming a special educational needs teaching assistant requires great dedication and strategies, and this course will help you to develop the practical knowledge and skills you need to kickstart your career in teaching children with special educational needs. There are no entry requirements, and you will need to take a multiple choice assessment to complete the course.
Who is the SEN Teaching Assistant Course for?
- Professionals who want to learn about SEN education
- People who have an interest in school management
- People who want to become SEN teachers
- Parents with kids who have special needs
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any professions or career from any industry you are in such as:
- School management
- Special needs children assistants