Addiction is something that can make anyone suffer and to prevent it from getting worse, counselling and psychotherapy are recommended. Counselling and Psychotherapy help people of all ages live happier, healthier and more productive. Through psychotherapy, the counsellor helps in facilitating procedures that help people develop healthier and more effective habits. Taking this course will help you become a better counsellor to help people struggling with addiction and other related problems. By the end of this course, you know the different methods for helping people overcome their addiction and become skilful in counselling and psychotherapy.
Who is the course for?
- Professionals who are helping people through counselling and psychotherapy
- People who have the interest to learn about in counselling and psychotherapy
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Counselling & Psychotherapy Course is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Career Coach
- Guidance Counsellors
- Life Coach
|What is Counselling?||00:15:00|
|Purpose and Aims of Counselling||00:15:00|
|Fields of Counselling||00:15:00|
|Skills Needed in Counselling||00:30:00|
|Ethics in Counselling||00:15:00|
|Introduction to Addiction Counselling||00:15:00|
|Role of Addiction Counsellor||00:30:00|
|Goals and Objectives of Individual Drug Counseling||00:15:00|
|Dealing With Problems That Arise||00:15:00|
|Counsellor Characteristics and Training||00:15:00|
|Addiction Counselling Basics||01:00:00|
|Realize That You Need Help||01:00:00|
|Realize the Importance of Selecting the Correct Treatment||01:00:00|
|Work On Identifying the Source of Why You Have an Addiction||01:00:00|
|Have an Open Mind||01:00:00|
|Be Honest With Yourself and Others||01:00:00|
|The Dangers of Not Getting Help When You Need It||00:30:00|
|Introduction to Psychotherapy|
|What is Psychotherapy?||00:30:00|
|Theories of Psychotherapy||00:30:00|
|Structure of Personality||00:30:00|
|How Does Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Work?||00:30:00|
|Why Is Emotion Regulation Important?||00:30:00|
|Types Of Psychotherapies||00:15:00|
|Cognitive Behavioural Therapy||00:30:00|
|Mock Exam- Counselling & Psychotherapy Course||00:30:00|
|Final Exam- Counselling & Psychotherapy Course||00:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.