The Award in Education and Training is a short course designed to enable a wide range of students to undertake teaching, training or learning tasks relevant to their own training or teaching situation. It is recommended for all teachers new to the sector whether in further education, adult and community learning, work-based learning or other parts of the learning and skills sector. This is the qualification that will provide the first step on the ladder to becoming a qualified teacher. It is also the qualification that is required to sit alongside the Training, Assessment and Quality Assurance (TAQA) qualification.
The award is suitable for those who work, or intend to work, as:
- Teachers in adult and community education
- Teachers or trainers in the voluntary sector
- Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector or HM Forces
- Technicians and support staff in further and adult education
- Assessors in Work based Training
The award is designed to develop the students’ ability to:
- Identify students’ needs, backgrounds and aspirations
- Define basic principles of teaching and learning in relation to teaching/training
- Demonstrate in their planning, delivery and evaluation a regard for equal opportunities and health and safety legislation
- Develop their skills in devising programmes and schemes of work
- Adopt a systematic approach to planning learning sessions by reference to a variety of methods, and to develop innovation in their teaching/training
- Design, make and use a range of teaching and learning materials, using their own creative and information technology skills
- Develop their key skills
- Apply communication skills in teaching and training
- Design and apply appropriate means of assessing their own learners
Additional home study is required.
Homework is set each week and should take one to two hours to complete.
- Free Learning Materials
- Step-by-step tutorial videos from the industry experts
- 6 Months access to our learning portal with all learning materials.
- Assessments and recorded Micro-teach session can be submitted via the online learning portal.
- The UK’s most prestigious awarding body: Edexcel accredited certificate.
Who is this course for?
We designed this course mainly for two types of individuals, the ones who want to start their career in teaching and the ones who are already professional teachers.
The first group will solely need this course for their complete understanding and step by step guide to becoming a teacher. However, the second group can enrich their status as teachers with industry recognised national level teaching qualification for developing their career.
Students should normally have at least a Level 3 (i.e. A-Level/BTEC equivalent) qualification in the subject they wish to teach and have a reasonable command of English, Numeracy and IT.
Required Documents: You will be asked to submit a copy of identification documents such as a passport or driving licence.
To excel at your academics, it is always advised to have an instructor guide and help you throughout the course. As part of our course, we give our students full access to our dedicated tutor support service here the instructor will guide you or erase any doubt via email or live chat throughout our course.
Method of Assessment
There is no formal examination. Students must complete three written assignments and one Micro teach session, which can be submitted as a recorded video. All assignments must be submitted within three months of course commencement. There is an additional charge of £199 for your assessments and certificate, which is not payable until you submit your assessments.
After successful submission of your assessment, you will receive Level 3 Award in Education and Training certificate from nationally recognised awarding body Edexcel which is Ofqual regulated.
After the successful completion of this course, you will be able to work as a teacher/ trainer/ instructor in the lifelong teaching and academic sector. With this course, you will be recognised as a qualified and experienced trainer who can lead a group of students successfully and also earn a good salary. This course also helps you to become a freelance instructor in many fields.
|Getting Started AET||00:00:00|
|Application Form (AET)||00:00:00|
|Resources: Level 3 Award in Education & Training||00:00:00|
|Award in Education and Training Level 3 Workshop Objectives||00:15:00|
|Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training||01:00:00|
|Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training||00:30:00|
|Understanding Assessment in Education and Training||00:15:00|
|Award in Education and Training Level 3 Workshop Objectives||00:16:00|
|Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training||01:38:00|
|Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training||01:41:00|
|Understanding Assessment in Education and Training||00:31:00|
|Submit your work|
|Submit your work (AET)||00:00:00|
|Resubmit your work (AET)||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.