If you like practical work and enjoy being artistic, this could be a perfect course for you. This practical course will equip you with the specialist techniques in painting and decorating. This introductory course is the first step to a career as a successful painter and decorator.
You will learn about paint systems, application techniques, applying foundation and plain papers and decorative finishes. Painting and decorating has fantastic job prospects and could provide you with a career for life. Painters and decorators use a range of coverings to enhance and protect surfaces. These surfaces could include plaster, metal and wood. Painters and decorators work on a variety of jobs which require a different set of skills and techniques.
Who is the course for?
- Artists or painters who want home paintings as a business.
- People who have an interest in professional painting
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Diploma in Art and Painting is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Visual Artists
- Portrait Specialist
- Sketch Artists
- Logo Designers
|Choosing Your Brushes||00:30:00|
|Color Your World||00:30:00|
|Light Sources in Painting||00:30:00|
|What type of painter are you?||00:30:00|
|Choosing A Subject||01:00:00|
|Setting Up Your Studio||00:30:00|
|Art Supply Resources||01:00:00|
|Clean Up Time||00:30:00|
|Free Art Lessons||01:00:00|
|Take Care of Your Creation||00:15:00|
|Pay Attention to Detail||01:00:00|
|Enjoy Your Subject||01:00:00|
|Frequently Asked Questions||00:30:00|
|Museums of Fine Art||00:15:00|
|One Final Word||01:00:00|
|BRIEF HISTORY OF PENCIL DRAWING||00:15:00|
|LEARNING THE BASICS OF DRAWING AND SKETCHING||01:00:00|
|Basic Perspectives on Drawing||01:00:00|
|Basic Elements of Light, Shadows, and Shading||01:00:00|
|Different Shading Techniques||00:15:00|
|How to Add Tones and Values?||00:30:00|
|MIXED MEDIA APPLICATIONS||01:00:00|
|Drawing with Pencils in Oil Painting||01:00:00|
|Start Your Own Art Business||00:15:00|
|Steps to Creating a Successful Business from Your Art||01:00:00|
|How to Write an Artist Business Plan||00:30:00|
|Incorporate Your Business||01:00:00|
|Employing Or Contracting – What Is The Difference?||00:30:00|
|From Where Can You Hire Workers||01:00:00|
|Getting Ready – Portfolios, Flyers And Cards||00:30:00|
|What Do You Need For Outdoor Painting||01:00:00|
|What Do You Need To Know About Indoor Painting||01:00:00|
|Fancy Indoor Painting Touches – How To Get Them||00:30:00|
|Paint Primer 101||01:00:00|
|How To Get Customers||01:00:00|
|The Non-Paying Customers!||00:30:00|
|Safety Tips for Painting||00:15:00|
|Painting your Interiors||00:15:00|
|Walls and Ceilings||00:15:00|
|Windows and Doors||00:15:00|
|Application Tips & Techniques||00:15:00|
|Priming & Staining||00:30:00|
|Working over a ground color||00:30:00|
|Building Up: Oil & Acrylic||00:30:00|
|HOW TO REARRANGE A ROOM||02:00:00|
|HOW TO ANALYZE A ROOM AS PROFESSIONALS DO BEFORE YOU||01:00:00|
|HOW TO CREATE A ROOM||02:00:00|
|HOW TO DETERMINE CHARACTERS OF HANGINGS AND FURNITURES-COVERING FOR A GIVEN ROOM||01:00:00|
|CANDLESTICKS, LAMPS, FIXTURES FOR GAS AND ELECTRICITY, AND SHADES||01:00:00|
|WINDOW SHADES AND AWNINGS||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF PICTURES AND PICTURE FRAMES||01:00:00|
|TREATMENT OF PIANO CASES||00:15:00|
|TREATMENT OF DINING-ROOM BUFFETS AND DRESSING-TABLES||00:15:00|
|TREATMENT OF WORK TABLES, BIRD CAGES, DOG BASKETS AND FISH GLOBES||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF FIREPLACES||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF BATHROOMS||01:00:00|
|PERIODS IN FURNITURE||01:00:00|
|CONTINUATION OF PERIODS IN FURNITURE||01:00:00|
|THE GOTHIC PERIOD||00:30:00|
|THE PERIODS OF THE THREE LOUIS||01:00:00|
|THE MAHOGANY PERIOD||02:00:00|
|THE COLONIAL PERIOD||00:30:00|
|THE REVIVAL OF DIRECTOIRE AND EMPIRE FURNITURE||00:30:00|
|THE VICTORIAN PERIOD||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF AN INEXPENSIVE BEDROOM||01:00:00|
|TREATMENT OF A GUEST ROOM (Where economy is not an item of importance)||01:00:00|
|A MODERN HOUSE IN WHICH GENUINE JACOBEAN FURNITURE IS APPROPRIATELY SET||00:30:00|
|UNCONVENTIONAL BREAKFAST-ROOMS AND SPORTS BALCONIES||01:00:00|
|TREATMENT OF A WOMAN’S DRESSING-ROOM||00:30:00|
|THE TREATMENT OF CLOSETS||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF A NARROW HALL||00:15:00|
|TREATMENT OF A VERY SHADED LIVING-ROOM||00:15:00|
|THE BABY’S ROOMS: THE DAY ROOM, THE NIGHT ROOM||01:00:00|
|ROOMS FOR THE ELDERLY||01:00:00|
|A YOUNG GIRL’S ROOM||01:00:00|
|THE YOUNG BOY’S ROOM||00:30:00|
|WHAT TO AVOID IN INTERIOR DECORATION: RULES FOR BEGINNERS||01:00:00|
|FADS IN COLLECTING||01:00:00|
|WEDGWOOD POTTERY; OLD AND MODERN||01:00:00|
|VENETIAN GLASS, OLD AND MODERN||00:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.