Do you want to learn about raising chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys or other poultry? Do you want to farm poultry commercially or keep domesticated young birds at home for eggs or meat? If yes, then enrol now and learn how to set up your own poultry business.
In this Diploma in Poultry Farming Course, you’ll learn about the role and responsibilities of a poultry farmer, either for business or lifestyle purposes. This course will show you to manage poultry production on a small or large scale, and for the production of meat and eggs. You will become skilled in all parts of poultry care and management, including key topics such as the poultry industry, poultry breeding, nutrition, infection, layers, boilers, hatching, brooding, record-keeping, financial matters and promoting. This course also teaches about free-range farming, for business or residential purposes. If you’d like to know how to make a profit out of your poultry and start your own poultry enterprise, or just broaden your knowledge of poultry farming as a hobby, this course will give you the essential practical skills and knowledge required for this career path.
Who is this course for?
- New farm workers, new industry employees and new graduates hoping to work in the poultry industry.
- Individuals who want to start their flock of chickens, but they need more information.
- Anyone who wants to starts a poultry business.
- Anyone who has a farming hobby.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Diploma in Poultry Farming is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following professionals:
- Poultry farm specialist.
- Poultry grader.
- Poultry Inspector.
- Livestock appraiser.
- Meat inspector.
- Artificial insemination technician.