It is always better to be prepared for the bad situations. If you are a pet owner, it is inevitable that your pet will eventually fall ill or get injured. Now, the first aid is the immediate care for that injured pet, prevent any further harm, and keep the health condition stable. If you want to learn about all the aspects of taking care your pet, then you should definitely take Pet First Aid Course.
A well-informed owner will be able to make a quick assessment of the scene and a quick examination of the victim. Immediate attention is given to the animal’s level of consciousness, airway patency, breathing, and circulatory functions (including pulse). There are several techniques for doing inspection, managing transport, using first aid apparatus, bandaging, cleaning the wound, etc. The course has several modules thoroughly discussing all these aspects and give you a profound knowledge about them. It also has modules on how to handle bee/insect stings, bloat and burns. You will also be taught on how to perform CPR, mollify chemical injuries, dehydration, diarrhoea, vomiting and other similar health issues.
So what are you waiting for? Get started with this course now.
Who is the course for?
- Animal Health Care employees or professionals who want to improve themselves.
- Dog and Cat owners and lovers who want to learn how to provide first aid for their pets.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Pet First Aid Course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any professions or career from any industry you are in such as:
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Groomer
- Animal Handler
- Veterinary Doctor
- Veterinary Technician.
|Pet First Aid Course|
|Introduction to Pet First Aid||00:15:00|
|What is First Aid?||00:15:00|
|Abscess & Bandaging||00:15:00|
|Bee Stings / Insect Bites & Bleeding||00:15:00|
|Bloat and Burns||00:15:00|
|Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)||00:15:00|
|Chemical Injuries, Dehydration||00:15:00|
|Diarrhea, Vomiting & Difficult birth||00:15:00|
|Electrocution & Eye Injuries||00:15:00|
|First Aid for Choking & Poisoning||00:15:00|
|Fractures / Injuries||00:15:00|
|Hyperthermia (Heat Stroke, Heat Prostration)||00:15:00|
|Impalement Injuries, Near Drowing||00:15:00|
|Physical Exam Checklist for Pets||00:30:00|
|Preventing a Health and Safety Crisis||00:15:00|
|Choking & Poisoning||00:15:00|
|Straining & Sunburn||00:15:00|
|When Your Pet Cannot Breathe||00:15:00|
|Conclusion to Pet First Aid||00:15:00|
|Mock Exam- Pet First Aid Course||00:20:00|
|Final Exam- Pet First Aid Course||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.