Interior decorating is the art of decoration of the interior of a building, house, or a room. Decorations will depend on the preference of the owner while considering its functionality. Interior decorating includes furniture restoration since it will help in creating a new look in a place. Provided in this course are both the skills in furniture restoration and interior decorating. Interior decorating is important as it provides an essence of the space that makes it livable and pleasing.
Who is the course for?
- Professionals who have an experience in the Furniture Industry
- Anyone who has an interest in interior decorating and furniture restoration
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Furniture Restoration Interior Decorating Course is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Design Professionals
- Furniture Designer
- Furniture Restorer
- Interior Designer.
|Restoring Your Furniture|
|WOOD FINISHING IN GENERAL||00:30:00|
|PREPARATION OF NEW AND OLD SURFACES||01:00:00|
|STAINS IN GENERAL||00:15:00|
|FACTORY PREPARED STAINS||00:15:00|
|STAIN BRUSHING AND PROCEDURE||00:30:00|
|PREPARING WOOD TO TAKE STAIN WITH EVEN COLOR EFFECT||01:00:00|
|THE USE OF WOOD FILLERS||00:30:00|
|VARNISH AND SHELLAC||01:00:00|
|VARNISHING, RUBBING, POLISHING||01:00:00|
|VARNISH DEFECTS AND THEIR CAUSES||01:00:00|
|Interior Design Fundamentals|
|Define a Theme: Contemporary, Cottage, Eclectic, Southwest||01:00:00|
|Budget Design for Your Living Room, Den or Family Room||01:00:00|
|Budget Ideas for Kitchen Design||01:00:00|
|Budget Bedroom Makeover||01:00:00|
|Need a Home Office?||00:30:00|
|Camouflage with Paint!||01:00:00|
|Faux Finishes Are Hot – Bare Walls Are Not!||00:30:00|
|Making the Most of Molding||00:30:00|
|Fabulous Furniture Finds||00:30:00|
|Decorate With Wallpaper||01:00:00|
|Freehand or Stencil A Mural Makes the Wall!||01:00:00|
|Accessorize – Funky Can Be Fun!||01:00:00|
|Have Some Fun with Fabric!||01:00:00|
|Decorating House Interior|
|HOW TO REARRANGE A ROOM||02:00:00|
|HOW TO ANALYZE A ROOM AS PROFESSIONALS DO BEFORE YOU||01:00:00|
|HOW TO CREATE A ROOM||02:00:00|
|HOW TO DETERMINE CHARACTERS OF HANGINGS AND FURNITURES-COVERING FOR A GIVEN ROOM||01:00:00|
|CANDLESTICKS, LAMPS, FIXTURES FOR GAS AND ELECTRICITY, AND SHADES||01:00:00|
|WINDOW SHADES AND AWNINGS||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF PICTURES AND PICTURE FRAMES||01:00:00|
|TREATMENT OF PIANO CASES||00:15:00|
|TREATMENT OF DINING-ROOM BUFFETS AND DRESSING-TABLES||00:15:00|
|TREATMENT OF WORK TABLES, BIRD CAGES, DOG BASKETS AND FISH GLOBES||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF FIREPLACES||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF BATHROOMS||01:00:00|
|PERIODS IN FURNITURE||01:00:00|
|CONTINUATION OF PERIODS IN FURNITURE||01:00:00|
|THE GOTHIC PERIOD||00:30:00|
|THE PERIODS OF THE THREE LOUIS||01:00:00|
|THE MAHOGANY PERIOD||02:00:00|
|THE COLONIAL PERIOD||00:30:00|
|THE REVIVAL OF DIRECTOIRE AND EMPIRE FURNITURE||00:30:00|
|THE VICTORIAN PERIOD||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF AN INEXPENSIVE BEDROOM||01:00:00|
|TREATMENT OF A GUEST ROOM (Where economy is not an item of importance)||01:00:00|
|A MODERN HOUSE IN WHICH GENUINE JACOBEAN FURNITURE IS APPROPRIATELY SET||00:30:00|
|UNCONVENTIONAL BREAKFAST-ROOMS AND SPORTS BALCONIES||01:00:00|
|TREATMENT OF A WOMAN’S DRESSING-ROOM||00:30:00|
|THE TREATMENT OF CLOSETS||00:30:00|
|TREATMENT OF A NARROW HALL||00:15:00|
|TREATMENT OF A VERY SHADED LIVING-ROOM||00:15:00|
|THE BABY’S ROOMS: THE DAY ROOM, THE NIGHT ROOM||01:00:00|
|ROOMS FOR THE ELDERLY||01:00:00|
|A YOUNG GIRL’S ROOM||01:00:00|
|THE YOUNG BOY’S ROOM||00:30:00|
|WHAT TO AVOID IN INTERIOR DECORATION: RULES FOR BEGINNERS||01:00:00|
|FADS IN COLLECTING||01:00:00|
|WEDGWOOD POTTERY; OLD AND MODERN||01:00:00|
|VENETIAN GLASS, OLD AND MODERN||00:30:00|
|Recommended Reading: Furniture Restoration & Interior Decorating Course||00:00:00|
|Refer A Friend|
|Refer A Friend||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam- Furniture Restoration & Interior Decorating Course||00:30:00|
|Final Exam- Furniture Restoration & Interior Decorating Course||00:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.